Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Forest Fairy



I needed to make some samples of the "Faux Mother of Pearl" background technique for our stamp club this month so I used some of the new paper from Graphic 45. The background technique can be found here.

The paper is from the "Once Upon a Springtime" collection and I also used the stamp set that coordinates with this line. Aren't these fairies the cutest! I would have liked to go a bit darker with the green ink I used for the pearl background but it was my first try and I think lighter colors were suggested.



I wanted to keep it sort of woodsy because we all know that is where you can find the best fairies. I kept the colors in the forest hues and didn't go overboard with the embellishments. I even found a brown flower in my stash. I used a few MS punches for the foliage and the main image was stamped on Labels Fourteen. Graphic 45 has become one of my favorites and I am giddy over the fact that they now have stamps to go along with their papers. I can't wait to make a more "girly" card out of this paper.




Starting to get a nice brown base for my trip to Florida. I know, I know, it isn't healthy for me, but it sure feels good. Especially with all this cold weather we have been having. It is snowing again as I write. Now how can you blame a girl for wanting some artificial sun when we are still getting snow in the middle of April. I guess the dusting we are getting is nothing compared to what my dad got up in the UP- a whopping 6 inches. Just another reason to be happy with what you have and where you are.

~Have fun and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment