Sunday, April 3, 2011

Get well...

SORRY ABOUT THE PARAGRAPH SPACING. SOMETHING WEIRD HAPPENING IN BLOGGER TODAY. Get well soon my friend. Here is another card with the stamps from Waltzing Mouse that coordinates with the Spellbinders dies. I just fell in love with this "Rescue Remedies" set for the Labels 4. There are some fabulous examples in the gallery at their website so head on over to check them out. The paper is DCWV Botanicals and a MS punch quickly turned this card into a perfect "pick me up" for a sick friend. Of course I couldn't get away without using some seam binding ribbon. The kitchen cabinets are finished and I am in the process of putting the kitchen back together. I had to take down the decorative displays I had up over the top of the cabinets and trying to remember how I had the greenery placed was a bit of a challenge for this old brain of mine. Luckily my DH had taken some "before" pictures so I now had a map. I am sure I could have come up with something different, but I liked what I had and changing it might have meant a trip to Hobby Lobby to buy something new. The cabinets set me back quite a bit and I am now saving my pennies for new tile and having the ceiling and walls painted (which means no new stamps). Actually I talked the guy that did the cabinets down $385 dollars and he will paint the walls and the ceiling for $200. Now that is some serious bargaining. We had an electrician come in to give us an estimate for putting pendant lights up over the island. Wow, can I just say I am in the wrong business. I could buy quite a few stamps with that kind of money. I didn't even try to dicker with that guy. The quote didn't include the patching of the drywall in the ceiling where holes will have to be cut in order to run the wiring through each beam. That was the part that intimidated my DH and to say the least, I wouldn't have even let him attempt it. I have some connections with the construction guys at work and the drywaller said he would come over to do it when we were ready. Five small holes- right! Today we are putting the under cabinet lights back up. Next weekend we may be tackling the running of wire and installation of the lights. Wish us luck, I think we are going to need it. ~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment