Saturday, October 13, 2012

A pretty corset


 Another quick week has flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was in my studio for the entire day last weekend. I had the house to myself (and you all know what a vacation that is for me) so I just spent the time doing what I enjoy most. Not only did I do a lot of die cutting but I managed to make a few cards as well. This is a stamp that I bought at a stamping convention back in August made by Stampendous called Rose Corset. I had these ivory panels that I picked up at a sale the YMCA was having when they were moving to a newer building. My son Elliot was working there at the time and I was able to buy quite a bit before the sale started. I don't think I will ever run out of envelopes. Most of the stationary items had been donated and several were unopened. Before anyone starts asking what embossing folder I used on them let me tell you that the panels came already embossed. If you click on the images you can see the detail a bit better.

I got out my Prisma colored pencils which I don't use as much as I should. The blending with Gamsol didn't work as nice on this paper as it wasn't very smooth. I used the following colors on the corset- Jade Green 1021 and Slate Green 936. The flowers were done with Blush Pink 928, Spanish Orange 1003 and Yellowed Orange 1002. The leaves were done with Marine Green 988 and Zest De Lime 1005. I added some glitter to the flowers and silver pearls for the buttons. I didn't add a sentiment because I didn't have much room and I wanted the image to stand alone.

 
 
 It has been raining most of the day but I am just happy it isn't snow. We have had a few nights that were a bit frosty, but the plants still look good. The leaves are still beautiful but it won't be long before they are all on the ground. It is going to be windy tomorrow so I am sure the lawn will be a pretty color of red and orange. Every thing is calm on the home front. My son did 8 more days of high dose radiation. The margins of the tumor they removed were clean, but when they dissected the tumor, it was still very healthy inside. The tumor board at U of M suggested radiation but said it was his call. His cancer is rare so the treatment plan isn't routine. They said there is a high chance it will return in two years, but we will deal with that if and when it happens. We just have to get through this first. I don't have the time or energy to be worrying about something that we have no control over. I just saw a quote that said the other side of fear is freedom and that is what I choose.

~Have fun and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Just found you on pinterest....and was looking at your gorgeous craft area. In that post you mentioned that your husband had a stroke, then I came to this post, and it was about your son (who has cancer). I haven't read any other posts (I plan to this evening...lovely blog) but wanted to say that my 45 year old husband also had a stroke, and I want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers tonight. I love your attitude during this stressful time. Jamie in Az

    ReplyDelete