Saturday, October 6, 2012

Doily Squares


 I am on vacation in my own house. I have it all to myself to do whatever I want, but you won't find me dancing naked on the table. It is a perfect fall day and the colors outside my window are absolutely beautiful. I fell like I should be posting something more for fall but this is one of my favorite creations that I made lately.

I used the dies from Quickutz called Nesting Doily Squares. The designer paper is from ColorBok-Sweet Summer which is a brand that Walmart carries for only $5 a pack. The card stock is of course from SU- Buckaroo Blue (old color) and Lucky Limeade. The leaves on the flower are from MS punch called Frond and I punched them out of SU Pear Pizzazz. The flower is from Trico that is a brand at the $ store. The white floral trim is exactly that - satin trim from JoAnn Fabrics and it is on top of a panel that I punched out with MS Deco Fan edge punch. If you click on the image above, you can see a crystal stick pin which is from Maya Road. The main image is from the SU stamp set called Punch Potpourri and I went over the flowers with a Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star pen. I put some blue rhinestone gems on the flowers and the corners of the white doily square.


My friend Carol sent me home with her beloved case of Memory Box dies to use this weekend. I felt like I needed an armed guard to follow me home with such a prized possession. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful friend in my life- not just because she shares her things with me, but because she is just such a beautiful person. We are always there for each other and when she hurts I hurt, so I am sending my love and prayers to her today.

~Have fun and enjoy!


1 comment: