Sunday, September 30, 2012

It's the little things


I had a lot of time to play today so I got out some of my new Spellbinders. I was hesitant to buy this Basic Lattice but thought it would be very versatile. After I cut it out, I wasn't sure how I was going to use it as a full sheet. I thought about cutting in half but wanted to see what I could do with it full size. It is actually SU Regal Rose but I can see that I didn't have the settings right on my camera. The blue is actually a bit lighter ( SU Bashful Blue) also than what you see in the picture.

I used the Scalloped Edge embossing folder from Cuttlebug on the main part of the card. You can just see the edges peeking out along the edge of the lattice. I shifted the lattice slightly to the left because I wanted to add rhinestones along the right side. I wanted to put the rhinestones only on the right side to balance the leaves and nest that are on the left side of the card. I used Spellbinders Label 8 and then ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot folder. It didn't click with me that this would take out the embossed edge on the label, but it still worked.
 

 
 
I used a sentiment from the SU set called You're a Gem. I love the small saying for these little places. I punched it out with a 3/4" punch and then layered it on two die cuts from Spellbinders Asian Motifs. The circle part is layered over the other so it is hard to tell there are two of them. The leaves are from Sizzix called Branches w/Leaves. I use this quite a bit and it can be cut down for smaller sprigs. The nest is from Prima and have you ever seen such tiny eggs. The card looked like it was missing something so I added the ribbon punch next to the nest. It is Floral Band edge punch from the Martha Stewart collection
 
 

 
It was busy a week at work, so it was nice to have a weekend with nothing on the agenda. I need those mental health weekends so I can rejuvenate myself for the upcoming week. I learned long ago that I need to take a break or I will burn out in the end. I must say it is much easier and less guilty to accomplish this now that all of the kids are gone. I have long given up the guilt of putting chores on hold. My sanity is much more important than getting rid of any dust bunny.

~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment