Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happiness



Happy Tuesday. No reason why, except that it isn't Monday. I am going gaga crazy over all the new Spellbinders. It is pure torture when you have to choose only one because you can only use one coupon. I'm not complaining about store policy, I certainly understand. I am only saying it has been very hard for me to choose just one. Just when I think I have the one I want in my hand, I see another one. It is like a kid in a candy store with only 25 cents ( ok so back in the 60's and 70's you could buy quite a bit with a quarter).

This was actually a very quick card to make. I ran the designer paper through my Cuttle Bug with the Kassie Brocade  5x7 embossing folder. The DS paper is from DCWV that I got at Jo Ann's. You can click on the picture below to see the texture of the embossing folder. I like to do this with printed paper for an added effect yet it is very subtle. Remember how I am always saying certain things give the card depth. That is what this texture is doing without jumping out at you. The flower in the lower right is a new punch from Martha Stewart. At least I think it is new as I didn't have it and I had not see it before this weekend. Jo Ann's has several 50% off coupons right now. I was happy that the MS products were not included in the sale flyer so I could use a coupon. Never thought we would be happy about something not being on sale. This punch is called Embroidery and I used a page from an old book to punch it out. There is actually another hole in the center but I put a gem for some bling. I used Decorative Labels Eight for the sentiment. It is a bit tough to get it out of the die, but with some patience and a pin it will come out. It's funny that I only have patience when it comes to stamping. I am not sure who manufactures the sentiment. I got it used and there is no label on the wooden block.

 
 
 
I have some wonderful news to share with all of you. I hesitated to say something sooner because I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. My son finished radiation last month and the tumor hadn't shrunk much at all, but again it didn't spread to his lungs or get larger. He had surgery two weeks ago. The tumor was the size of a orange but they removed the size of a grapefruit to make sure they got clean margins and they did. The surgery was a success and he has 95% use of his arm which is a miracle in and of itself. I have to thank all of you who said prayers for him and myself. The doctor's at U of M are my heroes. Life couldn't be better.
 
 
~Have fun and enjoy!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment