Sunday, September 9, 2012

Creative Elements


 
 I have quite of few cards that are entirely Stampin' Up products and I though I would share another one with all of you. This card is bright and cheerful. I used Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White card stock and ink. The stamp set is Creative Elements. I love a stamp set that has all the elements for a card. The tag and sentiment are what completes this set. I stamped the tag, flower and butterfly on a separate piece of white card stock and then cut them out. I did not initially stamp them on the background. I stamped the flower twice and made it 3D by adding the extra center layer. It may be hard to see in the images. I probably should have taken a picture from the side so you could see it better. Had I just stamped these images on the background it would certainly not have been as beautiful. The depth of the images are what make this card on a very simple background. The seam binding is Pear Pizzazz and the Ticket Corner punch was used on the corners of the white layer.
 
 
 
I have to tell you a little story that is a bit embarrassing. I have been looking at some small TVs the past few weeks to replace the one in my studio. I have an 15"old style bulky one with a built in VCR on the bottom. It was taking up too much valuable space on my counter top. Yesterday morning I was again on-line looking at 19" TVs. I wanted to make sure I could mount it on the wall, so it had to go between two of the brackets that hold up the long shelf that runs the entire side of one wall. If you look at the pictures of my studio (New Stamp Studio- posted 1/22/12) it is the shelf that is holding my punches. I want to put the TV in the same area of the old one. So I went up to my studio and measured between the brackets and from the back splash up to the shelf. Mind you I measured the area directly behind my TV, so I even had to move it out a bit to reach the back splash. I figured out I could even handle a 22" in that space. Through all of this my husband is commenting on all the ones I am looking at. He disappeared and called me from up in my studio. When I got up there he was sitting at my desk and he said "what is wrong with the TV you already have"? I started to say that it was too big, when I noticed that my TV wasn't there but instead there was a different one. I stared at it in shock and ask him if he had taken the TV from bathroom and put it there. I realized this wasn't even the one from the bathroom and there was a good size burgundy bow on it with a tag that said Happy early Birthday (stamped with one of my Birthday stamps). My husband had gone out the day before and bought it and had it all hooked up that night. I am embarrassed to say that I had actually moved that new TV out of the way to measure the wall behind it and I didn't even realize it was a new TV. Now there is a world of difference between the new one and the old one. They weren't similar in any way, shape or form. I can't believe I didn't notice it- and I thought I was an observant person. So much for that.
 
All day I could not stop laughing at myself. Remember the saying "if it was a snake it would have bit me" well let me tell you I would have teeth marks on my face it that had been the case. Oh and I have to tell you that the tag my husband made, was stamped in burgundy ink to match the bow. After I had seen the tag, he asked my what I use to clean the stamps. Now that is observant. It is very humbling when we can sit back and laugh at ourselves.


~have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment