Sunday, September 2, 2012

So Grateful


 
 So many things to be so grateful for and they usually are the little things. This weekend I am grateful for a long weekend of beautiful summer weather- no rain as they were predicting from the remnants of Isac. It is as if summer is letting fall know it is not going out without a fight and I love it. Last night we sat out in our backyard with a roaring bonfire under a full moon. I actually like it better when the fire dies down to a softer glow. It just seems more relaxing to me. Not to mention it is much better for smores.

Today's card is using some of the new dies from Stampin' Up called Labels Collection Framelits. I used River Rock as the base of the card and then layered it with cream. The Wisteria Wonder was run through my Big Shot using SU Square Lattice embossing folder.  I think the texture of the embossing folder really makes this card pop. The flowers are a hostess set from last year called Posey Punch and works with the current Fancy Flower punch. I punched them out using River Rock and Pear Pizzazz card stock and stamped them in Pear Pizzazz ink. The framelits were used with the Apothecary Art set and it also contains the sentiment which I punched out with the Word Window punch and the Modern Label punch and stamped with Wisteria Wonder ink. Both of those punches are also from SU. I turned the label so it was up and down rather than sideways and put my sentiment on a separate tag running the other way. I am sure the stamped label is meant to go sideways so you can put the sentiment in the banner. Try to look at things from a different direction- it may just surprise you.
 
 




I found a green tree frog up under the glass of our outside table the other day. It scared the wits out of me when I was wiping off the table. Boy those little things can sure make some noise. Speaking of noise, I often sit quietly when I am outside and just listen. It amazing what you hear. I love the sound of a hummingbird's wings, the croaking of the evening frogs, the crackle of a fire, the breeze through the trees and the distant sound of a train whistle. Those are just a few of my favorite sounds that bring me joy and make me grateful that I am able to hear them.

~Have fun and enjoy!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment