Sunday, October 21, 2012

October Queen



 

This is a birthday card fit for an October Queen. I am just not sure who the Queen is (mine isn't until next month). The colors were just fitting and the crown was a last minute thought to add to the card. I love this pad of designer paper. It is Lost & Found -Two from My Mind's Eye that I got 50% off from Hobby Lobby.
 
I feel a little bad because there is very little stamping on this card, but it it a great way to make a quick gorgeous card. Look for designer paper that has images or panels like the one I used today. The only thing that is stamped is the birthday sentiment which I embossed with copper embossing powder. I am not sure who makes the birthday font. It is a cling that I have in with all of my wood birthday stamps, but any thing would work. The brown swirls are a Memory Box die called Scroll work and I cut them out of bronze metallic paper. The other swirls are part of the design in the paper. The flowers are some from a dollar store. The crown is a package of diecuts from Kaisercraft called Lost Icons.
 
 


Below is a better picture of the scrolls. I just love this die because it can be added in a small area or behind something to fill in yet it doesn't overtake the card.

 
 
Another beautiful fall day here in Michigan. I wish this meant it was going to be a mild winter but I'm not putting any bets on that one. The leaves have passed their pretty colors and there are a few bare trees now. We will have to wait to see what the next few weeks brings.
 
~Have fun and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment