Sunday, November 4, 2012

Designer paper is your friend!


 
 
Happy November, well maybe it will be after November 6th. I am not looking forward to the long lines for voting this year. I swear, just when I think I have it figured out, another add comes on TV supporting the opposite of what I was planning on voting. As the adds have pointed out that when you read the proposals just as they are, there is a lot of unsaid messages. I guess I won't know until I hit the booth, or the bottle!
 
This is a very quick card again with the designer paper doing most of the work (I am having a lazy month). The designer paper is 6x6 London Market from Pink Paislee. There is quite a bit of Paris themed paper in it as well. I put some glitter on the pink flowers that is part of the paper and then I highlighted the words and butterflies with my Stardust Sakura gell pen. I wish I was better at photography that I could capture these in my photos, but since I am not, you will just have to take my word for it. I also used Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles.
 
 When you are in a hurry to make a card, let the designer paper do the work. I find that paper that has images and words can usually do the trick and I tend to gravitate to the vintage and shabby chic paper. I also like to use the smaller pads of paper (3x5, 6x6 or even 8x8) because the images are smaller and are a better proportion for a card. The next time you are in the paper isle at your favorite store and they have the same product in several sizes, take a look and you will see what I mean. The other great thing is you can buy two different ones for the price of a 12x12 pad.

 
 
Not much new on the home front. Getting ready for winter means putting away all the summer things and emptying out all the flower pots. Hubby is doing that today. The arrangement is that I do all the planting in the spring and in the fall he empties and puts everything away. I love that arrangement.
 
~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment