Sunday, November 11, 2012

All brown



I just love this background stamp from Stamp Camp because it looks like designer paper. I did stamp it on paper that looked distressed to begin with. I picked it up as an unmounted stamp at a convention and it is very versatile in any color. I decided to keep the colors in the same hue family. The frame is from Our Daily Bread called Bird & Butterfly Labels and it fits the Spellbinders Label 18. The stamp set has 5 different sizes and there is a die for each one. I was very hesitant to buy this set of stamps because it was very pricey for 5 stamps, but it I felt it was worth the money. The birthday sentiment is from Stampin' Up called Petite Pairs and I stamped everything in Momento Rich Cocoa. I have a nice stash of seam binding ribbon in several different colors. A few of my friends and I each purchased a bolt of ribbon that came in 100 yard lengths and then we spilt them into 20 yards each and shared. It is a nice way to get a variety of good quality ribbon. There is nothing better than sharing.



 I cooked a turkey dinner this weekend. Each employee at the hospital where I work receives a turkey and since I didn't have room in my freezer, I had to cook mine as soon as it thawed. I cooked the whole Thanksgiving dinner except for the rolls and pumpkin pie. I have to let you in on a little secret. My husband is all into these little contests the car dealerships offer. I think since he is home all the time he is into anything that gets him out of the house. He never wins it big but usually it's a blanket or a grocery gift card. This time it was a voucher for a turkey or ham up to $12, so it looks like we will have another turkey for the real day. What ever floats his boat.

This week I am teaching our stamp club how to stamp on dominoes to make jewelry. I did this several years ago so I had better dig out my notes to refresh my memory and make a few samples. I hope you are all enjoying fall. It is one of my favorite seasons even if it means snow is right behind it.

~have fun and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that card....the background stamp is so gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete