Sunday, June 23, 2013

A 65th wedding anniversary


 
Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple. This is a wedding picture of my in-laws who just celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary. We are fortunate enough to have this 8x10 picture of them on their wedding day so I decided to scan it and use it on their card. They are going to celebrate the occasion the week of the 4th when all of their children will be home. The 4th of July is a huge celebration in Munising and several members of the family head home each year during that time. It ends up being like a big reunion not only for family but with their school classmates as well. Unfortunately I won't be going this year as I have used up my vacation time with my Hawaii and Florida trips. They have 6 children all married and 7 of the grandchildren will be there so I don't think I will be missed. In October they will be going to Hawaii themselves to celebrate again. My husband and his sister are also going to help them since they are in their 80's. I am glad to see the DH can experience Hawaii for himself (and not from the 900 pictures I took when I was there). Then I won't feel guilty about going this past spring. He said I shouldn't because he had no desire to go on that trip. He said he wouldn't have lasted more than 2 days with my sister and was surprised I could spend more than 3 (it was difficult to say the least but I managed- after all it was Hawaii). She is known to be the type of person people can only take in little bits- but she is family no matter what and I made the best of it. I actually began to wonder if we were raised in the same family. I was amazed how many people have commented to me lately that there always seems to be one in the family like that. Gee, and I thought it was just mine.
 

 
 
For the card I used pearlized cream paper with one on the new Cuttlebug folders from Anna Griffin called Rosa. I kept it rather simple and formal. The scroll was cut from a Memory Box die and the border is a Spellbinders. The black embellishments are actually glittered to add a hint of sparkle.

It has turned out to be a wonderful weekend despite the forecast. I was able to tackle some of those chores that nag at you when they don't get done, like straightening out the basement. I also had some things that needed to be put away and some cards that had to be made by this week. And all of that was accomplished yesterday with some time spent sitting in the sun and cooking great steaks on the grill. We finished the night out with margaritas- skinny girl of course. My oh my what am I going to do today?

~Have fun and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment