Saturday, June 8, 2013

Rhinestone Ribbon



Wow, did this week ever fly by. I hadn't worked a 5 day week in some time due to my vacation in Florida and then the holiday. I thought for sure the week would have drug on. What a pleasant surprise to the start of a nice weekend.

Today's post is a card I made using a ribbon of rhinestones that was a great find and some beautiful lace. The rhinestone ribbon came on a bolt of 10 yards for $12 but I was able to use a 50% coupon. I can see all kinds of ways to use this trim. From vases to mirrors my imagination will be blinged. The designer paper is from KaiserCraft called Needle & Thread. There are a few buttons here and there but one that was certainly standing out was in the upper right corner and looked out of place. I added the flower embellishment to cover it up and the person who receives this card will be none the wiser. The card stock is from SU and they are retired colors but I still love them. They are Soft Sky and Mellow Moss. The tags are Spellbinders Decorative labels Twenty Two and the sentiment is from a KaiserCraft clear set called On This Day.


 
I had my eyes examined this morning for new glasses which included dilating them. It wasn't until early this evening that they finally are back to normal. I had a few things I wanted to get done this afternoon but my vision was a bit blurry to be working on cards and the sun was too bright to work outside so I decided to take a nice nap- oh darn! I am looking at putting a 3 light lamp post out on the patio but where I want to put it is going to mean some major under ground wiring. Wasn't expecting this to be such a major project. I am surprised the DH isn't recommending that I just sit out there with 3 flashlights instead of all this. It will look nice when it is done and he will be happy we (he) did it- fingers crossed.
 
~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment