Saturday, August 17, 2013

Just for You



It has been awhile hasn't it. I feel like I can finally sit back and enjoy the rest of the summer. It sure has been a busy one with all my trips. My daughter came home from North Carolina and we took a trip up to the cottage in the Upper Peninsula. About as far north as you can get- way up in the Keweenaw Peninsula by Copper Harbor. Some call it God's country.  We all ad a great time and it was nice to spend some time with my dad.

Now on to today's card. I used SU Indigo Island and So Saffron card stock. The background was embossed with the Damask folder from Darice. I used Martha Stewart's Deco Fan edge and corner punch to create the yellow square. The blue square is from Spellbinders' Decorative Labels One. The label sentiment is from the SU set Just for You and I punched it out with the matching Artisan Label punch. I used Indigo Island ink for the label. Don't you just love the lace. I have used it on several cards and I picked it up at Hobby Lobby. You can see more detail in the photo below.


 
 
It looks like this is going to be a beautiful weekend and the flower gardens are calling my name again. They haven't seen much of me either. Has anyone else noticed how big the bumble bees are this year and how many there are of them. My phlox has come alive with how many bees are on them. I don't mind them as long as there is a window between them and me. I am glad they are at least sharing the flowers with the humming birds. Now those I could watch for hours- window or no window. Well I've got to go if I am going to get anything accomplished this afternoon. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
 
~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment