Friday, August 2, 2013

Seeds of Kindness




 

I actually decided to come back from San Antonio, I just haven't found the time to post. I flew home last Saturday and then we had to head back to the airport on Wednesday to pick up my daughter who flew in from Raleigh, NC. The weather in Texas was hot but a nice hot, not that humid sticky hot. It was in the triple digits but we were either in air conditioning or the pool. We did manage to see the Alamo and do the River Walk which was a bit warm but very much worth the walk. The resort I stayed at was awesome and I think the highlight was the bathroom in my room. It was very elegant and it even had a rain shower in it. The tub was extra long. Long enough that the towels were at the back end of the shower on a shelf and they didn't even get wet. Now that is the way I wish I could vacation all the time. Every time I turned around they were feeding us. Needless to say I am going to have to do some extra walking.
 
Today's card has very little stamping. The designer paper is from Michaels and the black doily is a pre-cut from Wilton for cupcakes. The white doily is a pre-cut from Martha Stewart. I punched out the leaves with a Martha Stewart Frond punch and the flowers are by Prima. The sentiment and circle design is from the JustRite set Seeds of Kindness. It is an older set so I don't know if it is still available. I put down a strip of black satin ribbon and than layered a piece of lace trim on top. The lace just got lost in the designer paper without the dark color behind it. A few pewter pearls for some bling and the card was finished. Very quick once I had the design in my head yet very elegant. Isn't that how it goes. Sometimes it takes us longer to come up with the design than to actually put the card together.
 
 

 
 
 
I plan on spending some quality fun time with my daughter this week and the boys will be home next weekend so we can all be together. It is pure joy how well they get along now that they are all grown. Just glad those teenage years are behind us.

~Have fun and enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment