Sunday, July 6, 2014

It's been too long

 
 
 I wouldn't blame you one bit if you had given up on me. I would have said the "H... with you" and would have never come back. But if you are here then thank you for having faith in me. It has been quite a summer so far. My mother-n-law has been sick for about 8 weeks now and in the last week has had two surgeries. Not good for someone who is 88. She has been having a lot of stomach and bowel issues. Last week they took out her gallbladder and today she had bowel surgery. Keeping our fingers crossed that she will now be on the mend. My DH made a trip up to the UP when it all first started to help his 88 year old father take care of her. He came home for 2 weeks and then went on his annual camping trip in the UP, to no man's land that is lacking of running water and electricity. Bad ass camping is what I call it. While up there his mother ended up with her first surgery. He is supposed to come home tomorrow but it will depend on how his mom is doing.

Since I've had almost three weeks here to myself I thought I would spend a good portion in my studio making some new creations. I got a bit sidetracked with home improvement projects and the stamping had taken a back seat. I guess I was getting a little burnt out with the stamping as was shown by my lack of posting. I never, never, ever thought I would say that but it happened. I just couldn't get too excited about it. I even brought back some lovely things from my favorite stamping store in Florida but they just sat there on my desk. Oh well, I am back now.

I used the new Blackberry Bliss paper from Stampin'Up and embossed it with a Cuttle bug folder that was in a set and I have no idea what the name is- sorry. The designer paper is Marie Antoinette from FabScraps. Just love this new line of papers. The Memory Box die is Lovely Tendril and Fresh Foliage. The flowers are from Prima's Stationer's Desk line. The seam binding is SU Wisteria Wonder and the tag is SU's Tiny Tags punched out with the Petite Curly Label. You can get a better look as the embossing in the picture below.



 I spent a lot of time outside in the sun this past week as I had the 3rd and the 4th off. Made for a very nice long weekend. While sitting on the deck, look who stopped by for a visit. Aren't they just adorable. They were very playful and pranced around the yard but still very skittish and always kept mom in view. They must be about 4 weeks old now. They sure grow fast.




 
The DH left the dog home with me while he went up camping. Jake is a Border Collie and is 13 years old. His arthritis has been getting progressively worse and since Gerry left he can't even get up off the hardwood floors or up the steps. It has been quite a chore trying to lift him up on all fours and then up the steps on the deck. Luckily there are only 4 steps or I would be needing a chiropractor. He has also not been eating which is typical when Gerry is gone but he had not eaten hardly anything. I hope nothing else is wrong with him. I cooked him some brown rice and scrambled eggs which he ate just a little bit of. Hopefully when his buddy comes home he will perk up.
 
I have another house makeover project that I hope to have finished next weekend and then I will share some pictures of the before and after. I have been wanting to do this for sometime now and I am really excited about it.

~have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment