Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Create Joy...

As I mentioned in my last post, I was taking a road trip with a few of my stamping buddies for some well deserved shopping. With coupons in hand we headed out to our favorite stores and a few new ones. Being the professional shoppers that we are, there wasn't one store that we didn't have a coupon (or two) for. We couldn't have saved more money unless we had stayed home. Today's card was made using some of my fabulous finds. Michaels had MS punches on sale and they had quite a few of her new ones.

I used the MS daisy border punch on this card. I didn't purchase the corner punch to go with it because I wanted too many border punches instead. You can also purchase the matching borders and corners as a set but they are pretty pricey. I also saw that MS has come out with punches that are also a stamp. That Martha- she must have come up with a lot of ideas while she was on her "sabbatical" a few years ago. Anyway back to the card. I found the vine ribbon for a dollar and the rhinestones are by Prima all from Michaels. The rhinestones on the daisy border are actually light peach color not clear. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. Don't you just love how the citrine rhinestone fit right in the "O" of Joy.

We headed over to Archivers where I got the dark chocolate card stock with my five free sheets- coupon. I know, I know- I feel the guilt of using any other card stock other than Stampin' Up but it was freeeee. I did use Stampin' Up's "so safron" and the DS paper is BasicGrey. The scallop ovals are just McGill punches. The luscious chocolate panel was run through my Cuttlebug using the Victoria embossing folder.

I really like the sentiment I used today because it not only is saying to create joy for others but you have to create joy for yourself. Don't wait or depend on others to design your life for you. You need- to live your life. We are the creators of our own destiny.




I wanted to include this picture because it reminded me of "Twilight"- sort of spooky and ghostly. I was taking pictures this weekend and it was a really foggy morning. As the sun started to come up, the woods behind our house got really creepy. I was hoping against all hope that Edward would come walking out but no such luck.

Enjoy and have fun!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment