Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Celebrate the season

How do you celebrate the season? When the kids were small we had a tradition of eggnog and Christmas music as we decorated the Christmas tree. We would spend one night riding around town looking at all the houses that were lit from top to bottom and then we would stop for hot chocolate somewhere. We would let the kids pick where they wanted go for the treat. I remember the year one of them picked McDonald's. It wouldn't have been my first choice of a Christmas memory but it was their choosing. I would spend two days making everyone's favorite cookies and fudge. Glad I was sane enough to have only three children. Christmas Eve we let them each open one present. They would spend the whole week trying to decide which package to open. Of course Santa's gifts weren't there yet so they would shake and rattle each present in hopes of making a good decision. And we always heard "this year why don't we open two presents". As they grow older I look forward to seeing which traditions they will carry on with their own children. I know we have given them plenty of wonderful memories that they will remember for years to come and that is just a fraction of the memories they have given me.

This card is one that didn't require much stamping. The paper is from Stampin' Up. The Christmas tree was in a package of 6 that I found in the tree trimming isle at Hobby Lobby- half off. The color was perfect for this paper. There were also red and cream trees in the package. The scallop border is a Martha Stewart snowflake punch.


I am having my arthroscopic knee surgery on Friday. I'm not sure how much I am going to feel like posting. I have some cards already made so you might just see some pictures without much to read. Then again what I post might not make any sense at all. I guess it depends how good the drugs are that they send me home with.
Have fun and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment