Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Holiday


I am usually more into the spirit of Christmas by now but the unexpected knee surgery sort of got in the way of that. I hadn't done much in the way of decorating the house and for those of you who know me you know that is hard to believe. My son is home from college and being the artist that he is, he was able to put a nice touch in helping his dad decorate the house.

I finally feel like I am back to the land of the living today. The pain in my knee wasn't anything compared to the side effects of the anesthesia. Today I was able to take a shower and take the bandages off. What a difference a shower can make.

Today's card is using the JustRite 2" round double border with a 15pt. New Time Roman font from The Stamp Castle. They are still having a sale and the new Square set is to die for.



The above picture shows the block set up with the font(oops, doesn't look like I cleaned my stamp very well). The way I find the center is to write out the sentiment on a piece of scrap paper. Then start crossing out letters from the out side in, including any spaces as if they were a letter. For example, with the Happy Holidays I would cross out the "H" and "s", then "a" and "y" until I got to the center. I didn't put any image in the center of the block because I wanted to use a snowflake. I stamped the font and then cut it out with my spellbinders nestabilities. I also used the scallop nestabilities as well as a circle punch for the snowflake. The fancy trim is one of the new deep edge punches from MS- Garden Trellis. The DS paper was last years Christmas paper from SU.


Hope you enjoy spending time with your families and all the holiday season has to offer.



No comments:

Post a Comment