Wednesday, December 9, 2009

New Stamps

I wanted to share with you today the new released JustRite stamps that I have been dying to show you. They are the Deluxe Round Monogram set and the Deluxe Square Monogram set both of which can be purchased at The Stamp Castle. Right now every thing is 20% off so there is no better time to buy them than right now. I guess it doesn't take a genius to tell which card is from which set. I do however want to tell you that each one comes with a different font but I used the Times New Roman font on both cards. If you have any questions about these stamps, or help in deciding which ones to purchase please send me an email.

The card above was a thank you card for a wonderful collection of Birthday goodies from my friend Carol. For her card I used DCWV La Creme with SU So Saffron and black. The background pattern was done using the Cuttlebug embossing folder Victoria. Nestabilities Labels Two made a nice backdrop for the monogram.


This card was also a thank you card for the hostess of our stamping group potluck we had last week. I didn't know her middle initial but since her first name was only three letters- I went with that. This card also shows some of the new Martha Stewart punches. I used the Daisy corner and edge punch to create the white scalloped square. I used a 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 square of paper so that the scallops came out even. I like the corner and edge combo but you do have to use specific size squares so they turn out. The other punch is the Deep Edge Garden Trellis. The background paper looks like I took a lot of time to create with white ink but in reality it is a recycled bag I had gotten from the hospital gift shop when I did a bit of shopping. The trim reminded me of winter so I thought it was perfect for this time of year.

It looks like I might be getting quite a bit of stamping done in a couple of weeks and will come back to this in a bit but I have a story to share. I have a friend who is having a knee replaced and it has been bothering her for quite some time. About 3 weeks ago my knee started to hurt but only when I stood up and started to walk. I thought it was maybe a bit of arthritis and it would ease up, only this seemed to continue to get worse. So much so that I had psyched my self up for a shot of cortisone. I told my friend that I was just having sympathy pains for her until a MRI said something different. Yep a torn medial meniscus. So it looks like I will be having arthroscopic surgery in the next week or two. Right now I am exhausted from putting up with the pain because I can only handle so many Motrin 800's a day. This whole thing has really caught me off guard. I didn't have this on my agenda for the month of December. Oh well, nobody ever said we control everything in our lives as much as we would like to try.

Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment