Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What is your name?


I will be taking over as president at the local stamp club that I belong to. There has been quite some excitement over the change and I hope I don't let anyone down. To start the year off I want to make name tags so we can get to know each other a bit better. I had originally thought of making the tags into pins and then someone mentioned the idea of necklaces because they don't always like to put a pin through some of their favorite shirts. Here is what I came up with as a sample for a necklace. These are just counter top tile samples found in hardware stores. I just added some embellishments and hardware I had laying around. Of course I had to have a dragonfly hanging on mine as my signature. I just used stickers for my name. I used organdy ribbon because it was within reach and was black and then I slipped buttons over the ribbon to fancy it up a bit. So thankful for such a short name. It gave me extra room on the tile for decorations.

The sample tags below are all pins and were super super easy. The one on the right is just a bare tile that I stamped a flourish with Stazon and added some rhinestones. The one on the left used clear letter tiles that I colored with my copic markers. Yes I broke down and started another addiction. I purposely didn't want to start with these markers because I know myself better than anyone and sure enough- just a couple weren't enough.


I hope you all had a great Christmas. We had a nice quiet one here which is just what I needed. I have been feeling fine as far as my knee goes, but I have been having daily headaches since my surgery- I think it is just a coincidence . It is all sinus related and our weather has been crazy here in lower Michigan which has attributed to my misery. Physical therapy has helped me tremendously but with the holidays they have been closed and it has limited my days. I see the doctor tomorrow to get my return to work date.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment