Saturday, January 23, 2010

A bit of Inspiration

Yes, Valentine's Day is just around the corner so today's card is something to get your motor racing (not that your sweetie doesn't already do that). I guess I should say your creative motor! I am having a hard time staying away from the Martha Stewart punches. This past week the hubby and I had to run down to the big city so on the way we stopped at M's and we each had two coupons so you guessed it. I had him in line with two new punches and I was right behind him with two more. He sure is a trooper when it comes to helping me out with coupons. If that wasn't bad enough we stopped at a different M's on the way home and did the same thing. I love how they will take competitors coupons. I take advantage of a trip like that because the closest one is 35 miles away and the punches are about the only thing I find myself wanting to buy. We have a few stamping places here in town that keeps me supplied with what I need except MS punches.

I was so excited when I got the new Justright stamps from The Stamp Castle. Today's card is using one from the Romantic Sentiments set. The are perfect by themselves or can be used as the center of the 2" decorative frame. Another great set is the Loving thoughts set. I just love how you can use their new stamps with old ones. It's like getting a new top to dress up an old outfit. I also used the 2" decorative square frame on this card. I embossed it in silver and then used the Labels Two nestabilities to cut it out. I layered that on top of a 3.25 inch square that I used the MS Deco Shell border and corner punch on. The pink layered border was done with the MS Daisy border punch and layered on top of a Deco Shell punched border. The color of card stock that I used was Stampin' Up Certainly Celery and the base of the card is Rose Red. For the pink square and border I must have grabbed a piece of pink from Archivers with my "free" coupon because when I went to my card stock supply that I keep stacked individual in it's plastic for identification, I couldn't match up the color with anything. The DS is just a scrap from Paper Studio and the bling is from Recollections. The pink hearts in the foreground were punched from one of MS new heart punches.

Don't forget to head on over to The Stamp Castle for your Justrite stamps and you will find a sale going on right now. You will be very happy with their service. In my next post I will show a card using the Loving Thoughts set.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment