Saturday, January 16, 2010

Loving them....


Wow I can't believe we are already half way through January. This is now a great time of year to spend in the craft room. The holidays are over and the snow keeps us indoors, well at least for us northerners. The new spellbinders will be on the shelves soon but I have mixed feelings about them. I was wondering with all the designs they already have, how could they come out with so many more. I wasn't crazy about the fruit or beach dies and I don't see myself buying the baby ones either. I don't scrapbook so maybe that is why they didn't appeal to me. I did like the labels and borders and the labels eleven was my favorite on the top of my list. Before you no it the new Martha Stewart punches will be out also if they aren't already. Tim Hioltz has several new Distressed Inks and die cuts coming out. It will be like Christmas all over again.

I didn't think I was going to like the corner and edge punch combinations because as I said, I don't scrapbook. Being that you can only punch certain sizes I didn't see myself using them for anything but a 3.25 x 3.25 square and the cost didn't justify that. I had bought the edge punches and a member of our stamp club said I was going to be sorry for not getting the corners. Boy was I wrong. With several different trips and coupons I found myself hooked. Today's card uses the deco fan and this one can only be purchased as a set at this time. I like this one the best even if I use them separately.

The card today uses the MS deco fan punch for the square and border. The DS paper is from DCWV-Blossoms Butterflies and the card stock is from SU- So Saffron, Baja Breeze , Soft Sky and White. The Baja Breeze and Soft Sky are retired. The scallop circles were punched out as was the "enjoy" with SU curly label punch. The stamp set is Cute & Curly from last years SU catalog. I apologize for not using current colors or stamps but this design is pretty simple that color combo or sentiment could be used. I don't have my retired supplies separated because this isn't a demonstrator website. The pearls are the Autumn Recollections line that is a Michaels product.

So go to your crafting area and get stamping. Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I will have some cards posted with the new Justrite stamps this week.

Have fun and Enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment