Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christams Joy

As promised here is another Christmas tag. I used my cuttlebug Christmas Tree embossing folder for this one. Are you wondering how I didn't end up with the top of my tree at the edge of the tag? This is a little hint that I learned from Tim Holtz- cut a slit on the fold of the folder. Make sure you don't cut all the way across or you will end up with two pieces instead of a folder.I cut a slit just wide enough for the tag and then slid the tag in from the top down into the folder just to where I wanted the top of the tree. That Tim is one crafty guy- and someone who can afford to try these things if he ruins the first one.

After I embossed the tree, I used Brilliance Copper ink to color the tree. I then used Distress Ink Shabby Shutters to very carefully color the background with a blending tool. I then added some bling here and there and the ornaments were buttons that I cut off the backs and glued on. I proceeded to take it a step further and add some black to the trunk of the tree only to drop the brush on the background just under the sentiment. I found this little poinsettia stamp and thought it was perfect to try and hide my mistake. I had just one chance to perfectly align the stamped image over the black mark- sometimes things just work out. So I then added a few more here and there. The border at the top is a sticker that I added more bling to and then some lovely chocolate seam binding to top it off. As I was making this card, I wasn't happy at all with the way it was turning out, but in the end it turned out to be my favorite. It might have been all I had to do with salvaging it. Anyway I hope you like it.

I am sure everyone is getting ready for the big turkey day. I plan on cooking just a small turkey this year- enough to feed us and still have a few leftovers. I don't even think I am going to be doing any Black Friday shopping (on line that is) and there certainly isn't anything I could want bad enough to hit the actual stores. I may have to just spend some quiet time in my stamp studio, using up some of the stash I bought last year. Sounds like a plan to me.

I hope you all spend some time with family, thinking about what you are thankful for and realizing how fortunate you are for the things you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment