Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas tags...


I'm glad you stopped in today because over the next few posts I will be sharing with you some Christmas tags that I made. I don't know why I enjoy making them as much as I do. It may be the height of the tags that allows me to feel more creative. I think with the shorter cards, I feel limited- does that make sense? I guess I am a vertical kinda gal. The size of these tags is 3 1/8 x 6 1/4. I made the tags for a challenge over at Waltzingmouse. This one I called my Victorian Christmas tag because of the lace and the cuttlebug folder I used for the background which was then distressed with Ranger Antique Linen Distressed ink. The poinsettia in the upper left is from Hero Arts with a bit of gold ink brushed onto it. The rose was done in the same fashion with a small paint brush to add the gold just on the edges. The roses were a great find at a dollar store and came in a wide variety of colors- this rusty red is my favorite. The Christmas Tree is from a Fiskars punch and the black paper had been sprayed with the Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist. If you enlarge the image you might be able to see it a bit better. The Sentiment is a tag from K & Company which I just adore. The tiny little jingle bells I used on the flowers were from Hobby Lobby- too cute. The ribbon is black seam binding that I scrunched up after I attached it to add to the vintage feel. I don't know exactly how I am going to use these tags. Maybe I will put them in a shadow box.

It is cold and damp here tonight and I am in my jammies already with my slippers and a luscious soft scarf wrapped around my neck (no this isn't that kind of site, I'm just letting you know how cozy I am). I can hear the wind blowing outside as the rain is hitting the windows. I am imagining the rain as snow being pelted against the windows like the stormy winter nights I experienced as a child in the U.P. and it conjures up all kinds of wonderful memories. I miss those days when we would bunker down for 2 or 3 days to ride out the storms. I'm sure my father didn't enjoy it since he did all the snow removal and we probably drove my poor mother bonkers being cooped up inside for so long. Now, it would give me a good excuse to stamp all day- oh please, like a need an excuse. Oh well I'm sure the snow isn't far off. I hit the Yankee candle store last night for the buy 2 get 2 free so I am ready for a cozy winter.

I still have two more tags to share with you, so keep checking back for a bit of Christmas inspiration.

~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment