Saturday, November 27, 2010

One last tag...

OK this is the last of my tags and I hope it gets you into the Christmas spirit. I stamped the background with a large 6x6 music stamp that I had gotten quite a while ago from Cornish Heritage Farms, one of my favorites. Over the top of that I stamped the black flourish from Fancy Pants. The sentiment was a single unmounted that I picked up at a stamp convention so I have no idea who the manufacturer is-sorry. I punched it out with the Modern Label SU punch. The Hero Art poinsettias were distressed with Vintage Photo Ranger ink and then I brushed a bit of gold on them to tie into the gold on the little jingle bells in the center. Old St. Nick is a chipboard tag from K & Company- Christmas Cheer with gold embellishments added for a bit of bling. And there you have it- a very quick and easy tag. Now head into your stamping area and grab your supplies to create your very own.

The Christmas season has officially begun and the parties are right around the corner. Our small stamping group of ten friends is celebrating next Wednesday with a potluck. I really enjoy getting together with this group gals and with the surprise in store for us, I am sure it will be an eventful evening. For those of you who read my blog, I'm not giving away what Carol has planned. I can tell you her house is decorated beautifully for the season which will add to the occasion. Our larger stamping club party is later in the month which is also a potluck and we do a very fun gift exchange. It is amazing to see how aggressive a group of women can get over the packaging, because we have no idea what is inside. The prettiest package seems to really make the rounds.

I have three more parties in the following two weeks. One is for the hospital administration and physicians which is always a nice time at one of the local golf clubs. The other two are put on by the Radiologists for the employees (and guest) in Medical Imaging and the following week is from the Cardiologists for those who work in Cardiology and their guest. It just so happens that my department is part of both. One will be at another golf club and the other is at a banquet hall. These are rather large parties with at least 200 people at each and they have always provided an evening of good food, drink and celebration. Somewhere in there I have to find time to put up the tree and decorate the house. I probably should have done that this weekend not that I'm thinking of it. Oh well, I'm not going to stress over it because in the end it always seems to get done. The one lesson that I have learned as I get older is to let the little things go and only stress over major life issues- the aged heart and body just can't handle it any more.

~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment