Friday, November 12, 2010

My little Pretties

A few weeks ago I won this set of the new Perfect Pearl Mists from Ranger. I left a comment on their blog and they randomly picked three winners. Let me tell you that I was tad bit excited when I received the email that I had won. I had watched the Tim Holtz video on their blog showing how to use the mists before I tried them. As Tim states, these mists are made for darker papers and materials. I sprayed a few flowers and couldn't really see the color. Then I tried the mists on black card stock and it was amazing. I tried three of my favorite colors from the set and you can see the results below. If you click on the image you can see the names of the colors I used.



Since the mists didn't show up on my lighter colored flowers, I bought some of the new Inkadinkado spray ink in black. I had previously bought the raspberry shade and the flowers I sprayed were a nice vibrant solid color. I am hoping to spray a few flowers black and then add the mists on top for added color. I will let you know how they turn out.
It has been a crazy week for me as far as a sleeping schedule. I notice that I don't seem to do well with the time change the older I get. I do however do better with the fall time change than I do in the spring. That one kicks my butt for at least a week. On top of changing the clocks, we also had a major electrical power shutdown at work from 8:30 pm until 4:00 in the morning this week. Our equipment needs two hours once the power is back on before we can use it. Guess who was in at work turning things on so we were good to go by 6:30 am. You got it and then I stayed for a 12 hour shift. I was in bed by 7:00 that night only to wake up in the middle of the night for 2 hours. I did go back to bed for a few more hours, but I felt like a pot of coffee wasn't even going to help me navigate the day.

Tomorrow I am hoping to clean out the garage and the DH better be right there beside me helping me to pitch out a whole lot of junk, and I mean junk. Maybe I can fit some stamping in on Sunday.

~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment