Monday, May 2, 2011

A Graphic 45 Vintage Lady

I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new Spellbinders. Today's card was made as a sample for the Faux Mother of Pearl technique that I taught at our stamp club last month. The light blue panel that I stamped the Graphic 45 Vintage Ladies on is the sample.



I put a dab of Liquid Pearls around the Fleur De Lis Rectangle Nestabilities. It was just enough without being too much. The blue pearls seemed to take center stage anyway. I also snuck in an emblem from the Fleur De Lis Motifs Shapabilities set. Gotta say, I looove all of them.




I have a new baby and no it isn't a new puppy. I picked up a new car on Friday. When the DH said I should look at the new Ford Explorer, I thought he was nuts. I certainly didn't want anything as boxy as that thing as I remembered it. Instead I was looking at the new Edge and my eye wandered over to a white pearl beauty with leather interior. This thing certainly wasn't boxy, in fact it has some awesome curves. It can even parallel park by itself and all I have to do is say "I'm hungry" and it will show me all the restaurants in the area and how far I am away from them. I have to say, I was really impressed at all the new safety features they have added. There is a little light that comes on in the side mirrors when there is a car in your blind spot. When you use the "cruise", you can tell the car how far of a gap you want between you and the car in front of you. When you come up to a car that is going slower than you are, your car will slow down to maintain the gap. Once you move over to the other lane, you go right back to the cruise speed you had set. And the most impressive feature is air conditioned seats. At 50, it is every woman's dream.


~Have fun and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment