Saturday, May 21, 2011

A wonderful woman we remember

This was for one of my friends from our stamp club whose mother just passed away. Her mother was in our stamp club when I first joined and I think she was in her 70s. Dorothy (Dot)did absolutely gorgeous work and she was truly a beautiful woman. I thought the sentiment was so fitting for not only her daughter, but for all of us who knew her. I will always remember her every time I see the H2O paints. Dorothy would spend hours painting images for her cards with them. When Dot went to an assisted living apartment, she couldn't take all her stamping things with her and she wasn't capable of enjoying the craft any longer. Her daughter Mary had a sale so we were able to buy some things that we continue to use and enjoy just as Dot did.



I decided to give the sewing technique a try. My mini Janome sits on the table right next to my cuddlebug and it is a shame that I don't use it more often. I am more of a "particular" kind of gal, so when the sewing isn't straight it kinda bugs me. I have learned to let go of that now that I see what an added touch it gives. The little flowers are from the Recollections collection at Michaels. I just love these little jems because they are small enough to fill in a small space, yet big enough to make a statement. The leaves were from a MS punch and the sentiment from River City Rubber Works is on a layered Labels 18 Spellbinders.




Orange has never been my favorite color, but in this case just a little brought out the orange in the paper and made the teal pop. Sometimes you just have to give an unfavored color a chance.

~Have fun and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment