Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hooray for you!

Hooray for you! One of my dearest friends became a great grandmother so I made this card for her in celebration. It was when I first got several of the new Spellbinders and as you can see I couldn't make up my mind which ones to use so I ended up using a few of them. The one thing I like about the newest Spellbinders is how you can layer several of them from different sets.






I used Floral Doily Motifs for the lighter pink and white layers and then I added the darker pink tag from Fleur De Lis Accents. I also used one of the newer MS punches Vintage Floral along the bottom. The corners are Sizzix. I had a really hard time with the corners as they didn't want to punch out fully. I had to go in with a pair of scissors and do a bit of trimming. I guess I should have used a shim to get a better cut.

I like to think of this color combo as Neopalitan because it reminds me of the ice cream. As a kid I never used to eat the strawberry- just the chocolate and vanilla. Now if you put a bowl of Neopalitan ice cream in front of me I might just leave the vanilla, but I doubt it. More than likely you would just see an empty bowl.

This week I am getting together with my friend for some much needed buddy time, stamping and just laying in the sun.

~Have fun and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment