Sunday, May 8, 2011

I wish you a carefree day...

A wish for all the mothers out there to have a carefree and restful day. I can't help but think of my own mother today. May has always been a difficult time for me ever since my mother passed away 7 years ago. She actually died in January but in the U.P. the winter burials don't happen until the earth has thawed, so we buried her the end of May. It was like she died all over again. For all the years I lived up there, I never realized how the elements can play a part in the healing with the death of a loved one. Her birthday is May 13th so you can see why May is bitter sweet for me.




I decided to play with some of the new Spellbinders again. Today's card uses Labels 21 and Fleur De Lis Motifs. The DS paper is DCWV from the Blossoms & Butterflies Stack.




Not much else to report today. I am getting anxious for gardening now that the weather is getting nicer but it means there is much prep work to be done in the flower beds. I don't mind the hard work because it means there are some beautiful sights in store for me in the end.

Today we are cooking steaks out on the grill and just kicking back. I like the rest of you will be reminiscing of when we brought our babies home from the hospital and how could they possibly be all grown up now. It is also a time when I remember the challenging times of raising them and how at a loss I felt at times. Back then I couldn't have imagined how those times would shape and form them into the beautiful human beings each of them have become.


~Have fun and enjoy- we deserve it!


No comments:

Post a Comment