Sunday, April 1, 2012

An appreciation thank you





Just wanted to post something for you to look at today. It was Physician Appreciation day last Friday and I made this card for our Cardiologist for all of us to sign. He knows I make cards so he came to me right away and asked me if I made it. He was so thrilled to get something that was hand made. I think I really impressed him with this one. He said he was going to take it home and show his wife. It was really amazing because at that moment he made it seem like his talent of taking care of the human heart was no different than the talent it took to make the card- it's all in the perspective I guess.




 It is hard to see in the pictures, but the Fan Deco square is really a frame. It sits up quite high but the angle of my pictures did not capture it. I used the MS corner and border punch for the frame. The font from Stampin' Up was cut out with a Label 22 Spellbinders die. The border across the bottom was cut with an EK Success Medallion Chain Large Edge punch. A strip of black and silver rhinestones were added over the border and the black background is a 5x7 Holly Ribbons Cuttlebug embossing folder. I thought it was very fitting to use a red doily heart.


~Have fun and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment