Sunday, April 15, 2012

Inked Embossing





Today was a perfect day. It started out with some rain and then a bit of thunder while I read the paper with my morning coffee. I had the house to myself this weekend and it was pure heaven. By mid afternoon the sun decided to come out and then it got a bit muggy. This certainly isn't the type of weather we get in April and it was a nice change to the cold weather we've had lately. I need this humid weather to get me ready for my Florida vacation in two weeks.

Today's card is using an embossing folder with a twist. The larger frame was created by inking up a Sizzix folder with ink and then putting white card stock in it. I just inked up the folder directly with the ink pad. It created a chalky look and gives you a two tone pink/white color frame. I used Spellbinders Label 8 for both windows. The inner frame was run through the Cuttle Bug with the Swiss Dot folder. I wished I had put more backing on the frames to create a deeper window. My mind really wasn't in this one. The rose is store bought and the leaves were created with Sizzix Branch w/Leaves. I love the flourish which is a die from Memory Box called Elegant Scrollwork. I can't wait to get some more of their dies. The window frame with shutters will be my next purchase.

I hope everyone has a good week. It looks like I have a very busy one at work as well as at home. I hate the craziness I always have at work just before I go on vacation. It's not until I am out the door that I can really start getting excited about being away. This time might be a little different though. I don't know if the excitement is really going to happen.

~Have fun and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment