Saturday, April 7, 2012

Maggie



I think I will call her Maggie. I just love this stamp from Paperdoll pARTs called Bird & Bee. I colored her dress with colored pencils and used a bit of Gamasol for blending. Of course she needed a crown so I used a brad that I cut the shanks off of and then just glued it on. I used a new embossing folder from Darice and then used the Spellbinders Label 4 to create my window frame. I just love the look and depth the frame creates- it is one of my new favorite techniques. The flourish is a die from Memory Box called Elegant Scrollwork. The leaves, flower and sprig of pearls can be found in most bridal sections. You can see a better view below and as always you can click on any of the pictures for a enlarged view.



I am  looking forward to my Florida trip with mixed feelings. These days there is a lot of guilt with anything that is pleasurable, but I know I need this. Right now there isn't anything I can do to change or make the trials in my life better. I will always be a phone call away for support and love, but if I am going to be the rock in all of this, I need to give my soul some time off. As I said, my work doesn't allow me the luxury of a mental hiatus. It is on my mind 24/7 and it is overwhelmingly exhausting and painful. Not to say being in the sun with nothing to do but read and relax is going to help me stop thinking about it but maybe it will give me the recharge I need to stay strong.

~Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment