Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Zig-Zag card


 
 
 
You will have to forgive me for my photo editing today. I don't have access to photo shop which is on my computer. I am still posting from my DH's laptop which has Windows 8 and it takes some getting used to.
 
I found this card on a blog that was in German but there were some pictures and the measurements were in English which helped. It wasn't difficult in fact the hardest part was figuring out where to start the scallop punch along the sides. It is called a Zig- Zag card if you do a search for instructions.

 
 
I used two different papers from Authentique. The sage paper is from the collection Renew called Spring and the rose floral paper is from the collection Lovely called Fancy. I used the Martha Stewart Doily border punch along the sides. The belly band that holds the card closed was created with the same punch, some seam binding ribbon and a fancy brad that I cut the tabs off of. The image of the woman is from a clip art collection of fashionable women. There is a slight alteration that can be made to the card and that is to create a flap so the whole inside would lift up for the sentiment. I figured I would just write on the side panels that I left cream. This area could have had the same sage paper if wanted. The sentiment could also be made into a fancy tag that goes on the band. I think I will try another one and do just that.
 


The DH and I went to see the OZ movie this afternoon. Quite different than the Wizard of Oz that I grew up watching. Those darn monkeys always use to scare me. It was pretty awesome that it was filmed about 50 miles from here. I don't remember seeing the Emerald City anywhere around the Detroit area. They must have had that well hidden! We had to get home right after because University of Michigan is in the final four of the basketball tournaments. That gave me a perfect opportunity to hide in my stamping studio and create today's card. Tomorrow I am going over to a friend's house to help her make one.

~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment