Sunday, April 14, 2013

Believe- in a rhinestoned frame


 
It finally happened, after a week of rain we are actually seeing the sun this morning. I guess we had better take a mental picture because they are calling for more rain this week. It sure was a welcomed sight this morning though. I almost want to go out and lay flat down on the deck just so I can soak up some of that warmth but being that it is only in the mid 40's, I think I will wait. I will be heading to Florida next month so enjoying the sun isn't too far off. I do believe there are better days coming!
 
Today's card is very simple even though it may look lavish. The image is a clear stamp from KaiserCraft called Vintage-Believe. I stamped it in brown and then used a rhinestone frame from Prima that I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby. The package contained this frame and  a rhinestone bird on a branch was inside the frame. They were two separate pieces. I am sure I will find a use for the bird on some other project. I wish I could say I had the patience to make the frame myself but there is no way I could get all those rhinestones evenly spaced without pulling my hair out first.
 

 
 
I just had to include a picture of one of my twin nieces that I took the day before I left for Hawaii. This is one of Lara and I am so in awe of their blue eyes. They almost look they are white around the pupil. Anna wasn't feeling the best so she was a little fussy. The one nice thing about identical twins is that if you have a picture of one, then you don't need one of the other because she looks almost exactly like this one. I did end up getting some nice pictures of them together but not close up like this one to show the color of their eyes. At least you have a have decent chance of getting some good pictures out of one of them. They are 10 months already. Hard to believe they will be a year old next month. I am sure it is even harder for their parents to believe. They thought the endless sleepless nights were never going to pass. I guess I might be a bit bias but this picture to me is the epitome of a baby- the wide eyes with long eyelashes, the pudgy rosy cheeks and the baby teeth showing through their little lips. I do believe this could have been a Gerber baby- that's just an auntie's observation! 
 
 
 
 
~Have fun and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment