Monday, April 1, 2013

Back but tired!


 This was card I made awhile back but I always like to have something in my stash in case I haven't been as creative (or ambitious) as I would like. This 6 hour time change from Hawaii has really kicked my butt. I didn't get home until midnight a week ago Saturday only to open the Sunday paper and find out a dear friend of ours had died. She was like a grandmother to my children, in fact they even called her Nana Sue. She was elderly and not in the best of health lately, but it was still a shock to see it in the paper. I was thankful I had made it back in time to attend the showing as tired as I was. I realized just how much the kids meant to her when I saw their pictures up on her picture boards at the funeral home. They loved her just as much.

 Honolulu was beautiful but we also flew over to Kauai and spent a few days there. Kauai was even more beautiful. The locals said that is where the Hawaiians go to vacation and I can see why. It was only a 35 minute flight from Oahu- much more relaxed and a much slower pace. It is also greener and less metropolitan than Honolulu.
It looks like I need a new video card for my computer so I am using the DH's new laptop to post today. Aside from being so tired the computer issues were also a reason I didn't post when I got back. For today's card I used Spellbinder's Shapeabilities Venetian Accents and French Frills. The designer paper is from Pinkpaislee's London Market. I put some silver accents across the bridge of the Eiffel Tower to add some bling. You can see it better in the picture below.




 

I had to include one of my pictures from Honolulu. We climbed Diamond Head on St. Patrick's Day. Still can't believe I made it all the way to the top. This is the view of Waikiki in Honolulu once you have made the climb- very much worth the pain of getting there.
 


 
 
 
I hope you all enjoyed my altered book in the last post. From the hits to my blog it looks like it was.
 
~Have fun and enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment