Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not what it seems....


Just a quick post today before I head out the door to work. Here is another example of using something that might be considered trash. The three white scalloped ovals aren't what they seem.

For my trading cards I needed black scalloped ovals, so I went to work with my Spellbinders Nestabilities and started to roll them out on my Sizzix. It wasn't until I was cleaning up and getting ready to toss the scraps into the trash that I realized (with out trying) the three cutouts were pretty much equally spaced on the black piece of scrap paper. You guessed it- being the saver that I am, I decided to put a white piece of paper behind the cutouts and then stamped in the center of each. Voila, I had the start of another card.

You have to be careful what you save, because believe me it can get out of hand. I keep a basket next to my workspace with larger scraps but I only keep a few white and cream ones that are 2" or smaller for tags and labels. You heard it- the rest get pitched.

Enjoy and have a great day!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment