Saturday, January 31, 2009

A little love baby !


Ok there is no way I can possibly sleep this much. My eyes still want to, but my body is so achy I just can't lay down and get comfortable. These old weary bones can't handle sleeping for 12 hours like they did as a teenager. Anyway Valentine's Day is just around the corner so here is something I put together at the beginning of the week.

I just purchased the Bigz Top Note from SU and couldn't wait to use it. A friend of mine was such a sweetheart and borrowed me her scalloped heart Nestabilities from Spellbinders. Thanks Betsy for being so generous. I used my cuttlebug embossing folders on the card background and the Bigz Top Note. The "Love" center square was also done with the cuttlebug small embossing squares. The embellishments are red brads, Making Memories glitter foam- white butterflies (I added the three red rhinestones) and satin ribbon. The card stock is from SU ( the only kind I use is from SU or Papertrey Ink) real red, white and cool caribbean. Printed paper is "daisyd's" Candy Apple Dot. I used chalk and red marker to color up the love. I was surprised how much my one Copic marker bled when I added color to the number 14. This was not watercolor paper. My SU real red marker did fine for the dots. I guess this is what makes it look homemade and that's what counts.

Edit: This card was submitted for a challenge with Sharon Johnson at No time to stamp? The submissions can be seen on Splitcoaststampers.com.

Enjoy and have a great day!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment