Monday, June 25, 2012

A beautiful verse


Where is this summer going. I can hardly believe the 4th of July is next week. I am excited however that my daughter is coming home from Raleigh and we are driving over to see the new babies that weekend. I have been busy making tutus for them and I bought some flowers to dress up white and pink headbands. I am planning on doing a photo shoot, hopefully with two sleeping babies. I thought it would look precious with them wearing nothing but the tutus and a headband. We will see how this pans out. Wish me luck.

I had another sympathy card to make for a co-worker whose husband passed away from cancer. This is a new sentiment stamp from American Art Stamp that I purchased at Hobby Lobby and I just love the verse. The designer 6x6 paper is a $1 pack of paper from Michaels. It is in the Shabby Chic line and there are 12 sheets per pack. You can't beat that. The flowers are actually stickers from Martha Stewart as is the fan edge border punch. The sentiment was stamped on a Spellbinders Label Nine and layered on Lovely Lilac card stock from SU. A very quick yet elegant card. I would have loved to put some pearls on the border but it was going in the mail and the pearls I had were not small ones like the flower centers.



Our subdivision had their annual garage sale this past weekend. It was nice to get rid of some large items that were just taking up space in the basement. It was also a good excuse to clean out my closet and get rid of all the clothes that no longer fit me. What didn't sell when right to Goodwill. The garage got a good cleaning and straightening up as well. Since I was in the cleaning mood, the car got a good cleaning inside and out this weekend also. I get such gratification when the house is in order. Maybe because then I don't feel guilty when I play in my studio as long as the house work is done. I can only handle so much clutter.

On another note, my son's chemo did not work as the doctors has hoped. It did slow it down a bit and did keep it from spreading, but it was really hard to hear that kind of news. I reminded him that even though he went through such a horrible journey, in the end it was not a waste. He will now do 6 weeks of radiation 5 days a week and then wait a month before surgery. His 32nd birthday was yesterday and we all agreed next year's will be better.

My life lately has been such a roller coaster of emotions. From the joy of two new nieces to the disappointing news of the chemo. I miss being on an even keel.

~Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment