Monday, June 4, 2012

A sympathy card





Not the type of card I care to make, only due to the reason for it. One of my employees father passed away and I said I would make the card. It really meant a lot to her, so in the end I was happy to have made it.

The image is a stamp from Inkadinkado and the card measures 5x7.  I sure wish there was a die cut for this stamp instead of having to cut it out by hand. I did a fairly good job at it if I do say so myself. I'm not one for cutting things out by hand, and do so only as a last resort. When I bought this stamp, it never occurred to me that I could use it for sympathy cards, but when I was looking for a stamp for this card it just jumped out at me. The sentiment is from Shapeabilities on a Spellbinders Labels Twenty. I was really impressed with the elegance of this sentiment and the fact that I got it 50% off. The designer paper is from Recollections called Aqua Damask. I added some lace and a few aqua pearl embellishments for a more feminine touch.



Keeping positive thoughts on the home front. My son has his last three days of chemo this week and then the waiting game starts. He will have scans again in a few weeks and based on those he will have either radiation and then surgery or surgery first and then radiation. I am hoping he has the radiation first so they aren't radiating the scar tissue from the surgery, but that is entirely up to what his doctors feel is best. Thank you to all of you who are keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

~Have fun and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment