Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tea Time




 Every now and then you just need to take some time to slow down. We don't always hear what life is trying to tell us when the outside noise is too loud. If there is one thing I have learned, it is to sit quietly when life seems to be unraveling and just listen. Listen to what your heart and that little inner voice is saying. Things seem to fall into place and we realize that worrying over something we have no controll over is pointless. So make some tea and listen.

Today's card is using the SU set Tea Shoppe. I used Baja Breeze card stock and seam binding and Pear Pizzazz ink. The embossing folder which created the frame is also from SU called Framed Tulips. I did have to cut out the teacup by hand but it wasn't that hard. The designer paper i used is no longer available from SU but I am sure there is something in your stash that would work just as nicely. I added a few rhinestones to the center of the flowers on the cup and a few on the tag. Did you notice how I offset the bows to each side of the card. It balanced the card without taking away from the teacup. You can see a closer image of the teacup below.




Working out in the garden and relaxing in the sun is my agenda for today. I do need to help the DH with the bathroom fan in the spare bedroom which used to be my stamping room. The fan in that bathroom has always been really loud. Since my daughter will be home and staying in that room, I figured it was about time we make some repairs. I know she will be very happy to have this room and her own full bathroom. The guest room had a Jack-n-Jill bathroom that was shared with our youngest son's room. Neatness is not one of his atributes so I was always reminding him that he would be sharing his bathroom and to please pick up. I am looking forward to a quiet weekend and hope the same for you. I see next weekend as the holiday not this one.

~Have fun and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment