Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day

I hope the man in your life is having a happy Father's Day. Every celebration holds such a special place in the hearts of my family these days. We have a lot to be thankful for and the special moments bring pure joy. It is so true that when you think of the possibility of having something taken away from you, you start to see life a little differently.

Today's card is using some new products. The stamp is a Crafty Individuals from Magenta called Steampunk Clockworks. It is just perfect for the newest trend- Steampunk. It is a cling with the gray rubber. Out of all the cling stamps, I like the colored rubber ones better than the clear. As much as I try by erasing and lightly sanding, some of my clear stamps still leave a blurred imprint.
I stamped the image on kraft card stock, tore the edges and then rubbed some ink over them. I then layered it on black that was embossed with a gears embossing folder. I think this one was from Darice. The brown gears were cut from a Sizzix die. This was actually a birthday card for my very dear friend's husband Jean Paul. I used the same stamp to make Father's Day cards, but I was in too much of a hurry to get them in the mail that I didn't have time to take any pictures. 

 

Everything is going well here. Getting ready for the neighborhood garage sale next weekend. They are always so much work, but the gratification of getting things cleaned out and the fact that my trash is someone elses treasure makes it all worth it. I hope to put in a stepping stone path from the driveway around to the back patio with the money from the sale. One more project for the summer. I won't hold my breath that the sale will pay for the stones, maybe it will pay for my labor.

~Have fun and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment