Saturday, May 9, 2009

A cozy morning...


Let's see, what shall we talk about today.... I woke up this morning and it was rainy and thundering and I said to myself "this is going to be such a cozy morning". You know how much I enjoy a thunderstorm. I put on a pot of coffee and lit one of my favorite candles. I headed to my studio and began to create while I sipped on my coffee and enjoyed the sounds and smells. I find it so peaceful when everyone else in the house is still sleeping and I can just listen to the rain and thunder. It is amazing what some of us find as enjoyable and relaxing yet others find it terrifying. I guess that can be said for roller coasters as well.

I have been wanting to use my BossKut vintage tag so I pulled that out and some of my DCWV - Sweet paper. There are several papers in this pack that have printed edges on them so you can cut them off and use as a border on your cards. I have the 8x8 pack so the print is a bit smaller and just right for a card. I think the 12x12 might be a little too over bearing. The panel on the left side of the card is what I used. It was already clear embossed and has a bit of glitter on it. I also used my swiss dot cuttlebug and some ribbon I found at Michaels in the clearance bin. I love the vintage tag and wish it was a nestie but I like how Amy Sheffer just matted it onto another layer and trimmed it following the outline of the tag. I guess you could just keep repeating that depending on how many layers you wanted and how good you are at trimming. Me- not so much. I thought the Spellbinders Label Four nesties complimented the vintage tag nicely rather than just using the scalloped ovals.

I know I got the pearls from Michaels awhile back but I have taken all of my gems out of their packages and have them on their plastic sheet in an extra large Stampin Up (SU) container, so I don't know who makes them. I thought they added a bit more elegance than just the round pearls. The card stock is from SU-Apricot Appeal and Always Artichoke. The stamped flower image is from Inkadinkado's Southern Belle set in Brilliance Coffee Bean to match the ribbon. Usually I use ribbon that is of the same color family as a piece of the paper I am using, but this time I wanted a color (Bronze)that made the other colors pop.

Notice the antique frog I am using to hold up my card. I had been wanting one for quite some time and when I was at a stamp store in Florida I noticed one on a display and asked the owner where she got it. She directed us over to a little antique shop that had a bargain room in the back so off we went. There it was just sitting on a shelf like it had been waiting for me to come in and buy it. I also found some old sheets of music, a very old button maker that will allow me to cover buttons in different materials. I would like to try and make my own corduroy buttons. I also found a really cool magnifying glass that I am going to alter- someday.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Mother's Day. Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment