Sunday, May 3, 2009

Live...

Live-n- the good life. This was such a nice weekend and I thought this card was so appropriate. I made it awhile ago but hadn't posted it- don't ask me why, I just never got around to it. Yesterday we met up with my sister and her family for dinner. They were in the Detroit area from Chicago for my nephews travel hockey. We had a nice visit and did a little shopping. My husband and son were astonished beyond belief because I didn't even hit Michaels while we were down that way. The closest Michaels was right where we were- 40 miles away from home. I don't need a single thing and if we had stopped I would just buy more of what I already have and I can barely find room for what I have now. Yes- you can teach an old dog new tricks!

On this card I did a little bit of layering with my MS doily edge punch. Since I love dragonflies I added the one on the button. It is actually a brad but I stuck both tabs into the same button hole and then cut it with my wire cutters. I did stick a bit of glue in the button hole for extra measure. I had picked up the Heidi Grace ds paper when Jo-Anns had this line on clearance. I just love the earthy tones.

This morning I sat out on our deck in the sunshine (something we haven't seen a whole lot of lately) and it reminded me of those wonderful mornings in Florida when I had my coffee out on the lanai. Carol calls me all the time to let me know the pool misses me and that I am welcome to jump back on a plane anytime I feel the need to get away to paradise- I would love to go to Florida tomorrow. But today it was like Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ when she realizes that everything she was looking for was in her own backyard. No we don't have a pool, because I'm sure the novelty would wear off and I would hate to clean it, but I realized how fortunate I am to have a beautiful house, family, a really good job, a good education and enough money to be comfortable. I don't have everything in life- there are still frivolous things I would love to have but I can't imagine what life would be like if I had everything and nothing to want or yearn for. I learned that happiness comes from within- it's nobody else's responsibility to make you happy and if you don't figure that out you will always be miserable. Remember, sometimes it is as close as your very own backyard.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

Supplies:

Stamps:
Penny Black-nature's dance
Paper: Heidi Grace, SU-Always Artichoke, kraft and black
Ink: SU- classic black
Accessories: MS edge punch, SU scallop circle punch, The Paper Studio-flower punch, ribbon, brads, button

No comments:

Post a Comment