Saturday, May 30, 2009

My little corner of heaven...


Everyone has their own way of relieving stress and this is just one of my favorite little spots that I can relax before I head into work each morning. This is actually in my bathroom. I didn't have any new stamping projects to share with you today and I had just put these lilacs from my yard in my bathroom so I thought I would share a little of me instead. When we bought this house almost 4 years ago this bathroom was one of the selling points for me. It is at least four times the size of my old bathroom and is large enough that I can dance in here. I fell in love with the three large mirrors, garden tub which rarely gets used now that the newness has worn off, and the "his" and "hers" sinks. I did not however like the pale blue color or the Formica counter tops. With a little paint and some granite we were able to turn this into a luxurious oasis. Every morning I feel like I am in a hotel and I never forget how grateful and fortunate I am to have this.

On the mornings that I work, I start my coffee in this little 4 cup coffee maker and head into the shower. By the time I am done my coffee is ready and waiting. I sit here with my coffee, dry my hair and put on my makeup. The coffee maker and TV fit just perfectly between two of the mirrors at the vanity area. My sink and mirror are located just to the right of the vanity area. The local news and then the Today Show is always on to keep me up to date as to what is happening outside my own little world. I have a small ironing board that hangs on the door into the toilet area and this is where I iron my scrubs every morning. Yes I know you shouldn't have to iron scrubs but when I do the laundry I have a scrub top, pants and matching lab jacket for each day that all goes into one load. Fifteen items don't come out of the dryer looking very neat especially if I don't get to them right away which is often the case. Hence I need to take the iron to them. By the time I am ready to head out the door I have been in this room for at least an hour. I would love to stay longer but somebody has to pay for the luxury. So off I go relaxed and rejuvenated to earn the bacon.



Here is another picture of some of the lilacs that I put up on the mantle in the family room. I have a lot of the yellow and green bushes out back that I cut sprigs from to help fill in the arrangement. The trim that you see at the top of the picture is the bottom of a large framed mirror that sits up on the wall over the mantle. The ceilings in this house are 20 feet or more. I love the atmosphere but not the work they create when it is time to paint. Luckily the bathroom was the only room in the house that I didn't like the color and needed paint.

I will probably do some stamping tonight so I will have something to post soon. We have been invited over to our neighbors for a cookout and I have a big bowl of pasta waiting for the vegie fixings and dressing so I better get moving on that.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment