Saturday, May 16, 2009

Today it is purple!




Wow it has been a week since I posted last. I have been busy trying to book a trip and you know me I keep looking until I get a great deal. Anyway I have been on the computer searching for the last few nights. Sorry you had to look at the same thing for the last few days.

I ran into someone who visits my blog regularly and she commented how much she has learned from my blog. I don't feel that I have offered many tutorials or "how to's" but I am glad that my blog is being used as a resource for learning. As I stated that was my intention when I created this blog. Today's card is a design using my new QuicKutz embossing folder. It is the same A2 size as the cuddlebug and I even used it in my cuddlebug. This one is "vine label" and I got it online from Cut@Home. If you haven't already realized this yet- you can use the folders in reverse to get the opposite impression. The packaging shows this with the vine down along the right side of the card. I wanted it in the left side and I wanted the label area to be indented as a frame rather than looking like a tag. So take a look at your embossing folders and see what different designs you might get if you flip them over. QuicKutz has come out with several new folders. I also purchased a set that has four small labels. One of them allows the SU curley label punch to fit inside of it perfectly.

Hope you have a great day and enjoy!

~Kim

Supplies
Paper:
SU- Vintage Violet and Almost amethyst

Ink: SU Vintage Violet

Accessories: QuicKutz vine label embossing folder; SU- ticket corner punch and small oval punch; Martha Stewart- branch punch; EK Succes- Swirl Flourish punch; Spellbinders Nestabilities- petite scalloped ovals small; Prima flowers; pearls, ribbon, pearl brad

No comments:

Post a Comment