Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Where did the time go...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIOT!

I can't believe my baby turns 20 today. I just find it so hard to believe since I am only 29 myself. Who am I kidding. I feel all my 48 years and have some gray hairs to prove it. I don't think I am going to enjoy these empty nest years. Trying to get through the teenage years of all 3 of my children, I remember thinking I couldn't wait for the time they would all be out of the house and on their own. Elliot spent his first two years of college here at the local college but will be transferring for his last two. I know it will do him the world of good as he will gain more responsibility and maturity. As he slowly gains his independence I have tried to accept the shoes laying at the back door, his laundry laying all over the floor as it takes him several days to finish it, and the little time he spends eating dinner with us. I accept this because I know it won't be long that I will give anything to see those shoes and laundry and the few meals he will grace us with his presence. Where does the time go?

We will celebrate his birthday by going out to dinner. He will have his friends over this weekend for a bonfire and all that goes along with it. I'm sure I will fall asleep just happy he is home and safe. Next year it most likely won't be at home but at a tavern as he explores a new phase of his life.
For this card I used SU ballet blue, black and silver. I also used my Spellbinders nesties- curved rectangles and labels three. I ran the curved rectangle through my cuttlebug- argyle and the bottom, I used my dotted swiss.

Have fun and enjoy.

~Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment