Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mother's Day...



Mother's Day is one of my least favorite holidays only because my mother is no longer here to celebrate with. She passed away way to young and too quickly. She was only sick for 2 months and it was critical right from the start. She was unconscious for the first few weeks and very weak after that. Knowing that she wouldn't be with us much longer only heightened the need for me to want to sit and talk with her every moment I could. She didn't have the energy to talk but there were moments that when we looked at each other it spoke more than any amount of words could. Realizing that you are loosing someone forever is the most painful feeling I could have ever imagined. It does get easier as time passes but I don't think anyone can completely get over the loss of your mother especially when that person was such an influence in who you are. I envy all of you out there that can still spend the day celebrating with your mother. On the other hand being a mother myself I will be able to spend it with 2 of my children and I am sure it will be a lovely day.

I found this template on someones blog and just fell in love with it. I used SU french script in true thyme on SU old olive card stock. The striped designer paper is Anna Griffin. I really surprised myself because as you know I don't really care for the color orange. I guess the olive in it won me over. I used my nesties for the ovals and my Martha Stewart butterfly punch. The sentiment is an oldie from SU. The paper for the scallop oval is the plain side of Tim Holtz library paper and the regular oval is K & Company-Hannah Green Floral. A bit of bling around the scallop and some tan satin ribbon really punched it up.

Tomorrow night I am going to a dinner to celebrate the numerous volunteers that spend endless hours helping out within the hospital where I work. They like to have an employee from each department and I was asked to represent ours. We have a great group of volunteers and I don't know how we would ever be able to replace them. Some of them have become good friends and I would truly miss them if they weren't there to brighten my day- and they always seem to do that. I guess it's because for them, it isn't work and they are there because they simply enjoy what they do. Now that I said that I guess am the same way or I wouldn't have been there 21 years. Love what you do and do what you love. Confession- my first love would be to work for a major stamping company making samples every day.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

1 comment:

  1. Thank you So much Kim.Hope as my mentor says those who lost their mother,should cherish them in their hearts.Wish you n all a Joyful Mothers day.

    ((Hugs))
    Mother's Day Gift Ideas|Mother's day gift|Send gifts for mom to India

    ReplyDelete