Saturday, March 7, 2009

Laugh...

As promised, here is another card in that luscious chocolate color. I had this card with me at a stamp club I belong to and one of my friends looked at it and said she never thinks of using brown as her main color choice but after seeing this one I think she might just give it a try. The darker solid brown nestabilities center was what was left over from the frame I used on a card that I posted earlier in the week. I used all the same papers and ribbon. I like to make at least 2 cards that are similar but not exactly alike when I sit down to create. It helps me to use up scraps and it is quite easy to come up with another design since my creativity is already heading in that direction. I like them to be a little different so the person that receives the card is actually getting a one-of-a-kind.

We have had some warmer weather here in Michigan. Yesterday it was 60 degrees so I find myself getting more excited about my Florida trip now that I can imagine what warmer weather feels like. As I have said my friend Betsy and I are going to see our stamping pal Carol. It sounds like Carol has a wonderful time planned for us. I told her she doesn't have to entertain us; that a little stamping and sitting around the pool is enough for me. Of course I will need to feed my shopping addiction by hitting a few of the stamping stores down there.

We are expecting rain and thunder storms this weekend. I love to be in my studio with a candle burning as I watch it rain outside and my creativity flourishes. I hope we get a little break to cook some steaks out on the grill tonight for supper. Nothing like the smell of a steak on the grill to remind me of warm weather. I picked up a 21lb. turkey this week and it is now thawed so I plan on cooking that tomorrow with all the trimmings. I love having leftovers from a turkey dinner to get through the week. I had to laugh because I went to the tanner to get some color before heading down to Florida and as I lay in the tanning bed I felt just like that turkey thawing out and ready to be cooked. Now I am not a big advocate of tanners but I also know the danger of severe sunburns not to mention how miserable they can be. Without a base I would certainly burn and I don't want to ruin my vacation. And yes I do plan on using a good sunscreen once I am down there.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

Stamps: Studio G clear stamps
Paper: DCWV's sweet, SU chocolate chip, Paper Pizazz- crushed suede
Ink: SU chocolate chip
Accessories & Tools: Nestabilities label one, SU sizzlets- "Lots of Tags", satin ribbon, Memory Boutique hardware, Class A'Peels gold corner stickers, gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment